This forum is for IDEAS ONLY. For any product issues please contact itvhubhelp@itv.com

Chromecast Support

I love the itv hub but it doesn't allow Chromecast support please add it as we cannot watch our itv shows on the big screen

3,266 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminThe ITV Hub (Admin, Itv) responded  · 

Hi there,

We wanted to let you know that Chromecast is now supported in the ITV Hub Apple & Android apps, desktop Chrome Browsers will follow early next year.

We hope that you enjoy, please do let us know if you have any feedback.

Kind regards
    ITV Hub Team

538 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Chromecast just does not work please stop pretending that itv hub supports this function

• Anonymous commented  · 

Tried to watch in a celebrity. 6 crashes. Every time you have to manually find where you crashed and then sit through loads of ads for the privilege of it crashing. Not very good.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Crashes while watching a show. Very annoying! Shows just stoplease. Then e have to try and load the same show again. But then we can't fast forward back to the right point without watching loads of adverts

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are subtitling issues with carchup and Chromecast.....they are absent most of the time. Have to hard wire laptop to TV to get subtitled catchup on ******.
        There are quite a few million deaf and hard of hearing people out there.
        ITV is the most subtitle inaccessible of viewing systems we come across. Needs sorting. You were the first to subtitle a soap, Coronation Street...Now you’re bringing up the rear.

• Paul hudson commented  · 

Chrome cast says ready to cast but when you press the play button nothing happens tried everything

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still massively annoying not being able to cast live TV programmes. (I can just plug my phone into a TV out cable or cast the entire screen but it's a pain to have to dig it out)

• Tom commented  · 

I seem to be able to cast pre-recorded programmes from itv hub, but not live itv broadcasts - why is this? When we use this to for our main viewing and don't have an aerial it means we watch bbc where Iplayer is great.

• Bryan commented  · 

Why can't I cast subtitles on the itv app?

• Anonymous commented  · 

BBC I Player is brilliant, so I thought I would try ITV Hub on my I phone, casting from Google Chromecast.

Unfortunately ITV Hub crashed over & over again until I gave up & deleted!

• Daniel Case commented  · 

Crashes while watching a show. Very annoying! Shows just stoplease. Then e have to try and load the same show again. But then we can't fast forward back to the right point without watching loads of adverts

• Wendy commented  · 

Bought a chromecast today, not able to watch ITV hub so it’s going back! This is pretty dire ITV in this day and age!

• Ben commented  · 

Doesn't work.. same as everyone below

• Nick Donnelly commented  · 

I press the cast button in app, connect to my Chromecast - then the tv says 'ready to cast' and I can't do anything in the app.

Did you even test this once? IT DOESNT WORK AT ALL.

• Jean-Marc Gillet commented  · 

Hi. Is ITV planned to work soon on Chrome Cast via Android or IPhone?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Absolute load of rubbish! Will not cast from my iPhone or iPad, just shows me an advert then switches itself off and you only get the option to download programs if you pay monthly even though you pay for ****** or sky monthly and still the cast doesn't work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still can't cast live itv. Casting is the only way I can watch T.v. and I'm missing GMB in the morning

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've just updated to latest version today and still can't cast live TV. Old programmes cast fine but not Live tv unless anyone knows better?

• Elma commented  · 

Hello ITV Hub team,
        Good news that it now works through chrome cast but we lose the subtitles. Important for my deaf daughter to be able to enjoy Victoria

• Mark Orford commented  · 

Like others have commented ITV Hub is the only one which won't cast even though it says it is ready to , nothing appears while other apps work fine.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Im unable to use chromecast? I have in the past but now???? No casting option? Why?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base