This forum is for IDEAS ONLY. For any product issues please contact itvhubhelp@itv.com

Chromecast Support

I love the itv hub but it doesn't allow Chromecast support please add it as we cannot watch our itv shows on the big screen

3,266 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  The ITV HubAdminThe ITV Hub (Admin, Itv) responded  · 

Hi there,

We wanted to let you know that Chromecast is now supported in the ITV Hub Apple & Android apps, desktop Chrome Browsers will follow early next year.

We hope that you enjoy, please do let us know if you have any feedback.

Kind regards
    ITV Hub Team

506 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BenBen commented  · 

Nope, chromecast support is totally non-existent here too. Tried various android phones. Tried on 2 different chromecasts. They work fine with all other apps.

• SERSER commented  · 

I have the same problem as Jer. Start to cast then just says "Oops something went wrong".
        Check my other apps and they all seem to work fine then go back to the ITV Hub and the same error occurs. You do the maths.

• JerJer commented  · 

Nope ITV HUB doesn't work with my Chromecast. just says "Oops somthing went wrong..." every time. All my other Chromecast enabled apps work just fine (from any device).

Any updates on this issue??

• Anonymous commented  · 

Disconnects after intermittent amounts of time?? Really frustrating !!

• Robert MartinRobert Martin commented  · 

Are there any plans to support Chromecast for live streams, being as all the other mainstream channels already do?

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Worst app ever!

• Anonymous commented  · 

itv hub will not work with Chromecast

• Anonymous commented  · 

I get the "oops something went wrong message" whenever I even try to watch ITV online now using Google Chrome. I can watch Live ITV programming but nothing else.

• Anonymous commented  · 

want to know please please WHEN ITV can be used with chromecast

• Anonymous commented  · 

Utterly useless app. It NEVEr works with Chromecast. I've tried my Pixel XL and iPhone 6 and neither work. Buffering and stop starting after a minute or so. BT TV via CC works fine. So does iPlayer. Ioko were always totally useless at developing these type of systems. Spend some money and create a better system that works.

• NickNick commented  · 

ITV hub always messages: "Oops something went wrong" when trying to cast. Casting works fine with all other apps.

• AndyAndy commented  · 

Why is the ITV android app telling me app telling me we can't cast our channels yet. I've got the latest App? No problems with BBC I player or channel 4 app. Come on ITV you're well behind.

• Anonymous commented  · 

All of a sudden the hub won't work with cromecast, why?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Got rid of the feature to stream live on chromecast! Bought my chromecast for this purpose. Aerial doesn't work in my student house and have a good internet connection so this was ideal. Stupid idea to get rid of the feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can't stream live TV though to a Chromecast, yet I can on the BBC's iPlayer. Any reason why not?

• GeraldineGeraldine commented  · 

Hello I cannot cast live from my iPhone using the itv hub app. Should this be the case?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Why can't I cast on my TVs on itv hub via my cromecast,,the point in buying cromecast was it states clearly you can cast it hub,,what lies us customers are told,,it should state clearly it doesn't

• Anonymous commented  · 

Casting just doesn't work from the ITV player app ot.n my Samsung tablet. Every other app works fine.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still not working. Error 'we can't cast chanells' and still nothing from the support team.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base