This forum is for IDEAS ONLY. For any product issues please contact itvhubhelp@itv.com

Chromecast Support

I love the itv hub but it doesn't allow Chromecast support please add it as we cannot watch our itv shows on the big screen

3,266 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminThe ITV Hub (Admin, Itv) responded  · 

Hi there,

We wanted to let you know that Chromecast is now supported in the ITV Hub Apple & Android apps, desktop Chrome Browsers will follow early next year.

We hope that you enjoy, please do let us know if you have any feedback.

Kind regards
    ITV Hub Team

559 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maddy commented  · 

Since the update the ability to cast via chromecast has disappeared on Android? Using a Pixel 2

• Jason McCready commented  · 

Unlike BBC iPlayer which you can watch live tv through Chromecast the ITV Player doesn't allow you to watch live tv through Chromecast.

Why?

• Lesley Pooler commented  · 

I just purchased a chromecast to cast lethal weapon from the itv hub app on my iPhone to the tv guess what it won’t work. So much for being able to cast anything waste of £30

• Marilyn commented  · 

Just purchased Chromecast to view ITV hub but message advises not able to cast yet???

• Phil commented  · 

Just tried casting the live rugby from an android tablet. It says it can’t cast the live stream so I have to watch the rugby on my small tablet. Poor effort by today’s standards. Can’t access itv thru PS4 either. No apps and the internet for a PS4.

• Marcus commented  · 

Can't cast live tv from chrome browser, did this actually get added early last year like you said?

• Anne O'Donnell commented  · 

I can cast live shows but not catchup shows

• Anonymous commented  · 

current itv progs will not cast to tv

• Anonymous commented  · 

Cannot tune into ITV1 on Google or Firefox

• Anonymous commented  · 

It casts OK on mine (miracle of miracles for anything by S*ITV) but of course the quality is so poor it's not even worth it. Even Channel 5 broadcast in something approaching a watchable definition; I don't know why ITV just go back to black and white, they're so far behind it's not only embarrassing but actually a scandal to deprive millions of people access to good quality TV in 2018.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Doesn’t let me cast live TV. AWFUL APP.

• Steve Edwards commented  · 

Chromecast does *not* allow ‘casting’ of live TV from the ITV Hub app!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Doesnt work!! The cast icon dissapears an wont cast channels

• Anonymous commented  · 

Tried and tried to cast IN TV hub. Not working and crashing

• Jimmy commented  · 

I can not cast live MSMBC but everything else cast OK

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not being able to pause fast forward or rewind shows when casting from browser is rude to the user

• Anonymous commented  · 

Just tried to Chomecast itv3 live, but apparently it’s not supported. Why?

• Anonymous commented  · 

The cast icon seems to of disappeared on my android device when using itv hub it use to be in top right corner

• John commented  · 

Just doesnt work oops something went wrong (always)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Feedback and Knowledge Base