This forum is for IDEAS ONLY. For any product issues please contact itvhubhelp@itv.com

Subtitles for Android

Please put subtitles for android not just iphone or ipad

928 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Arif Ali shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

316 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Terrible that you don't have subtitles

• Anonymous commented  · 

Struggling on my android - have pitch hearing probless

• Anonymous commented  · 

It needs to be easier to create ID and when you are trying to sort some thing out it should be dealt with until the problem is sorted.

• Anonymous commented  · 

In this age of technology are subtitles that difficult? Disgraceful.

• Lesley thipthorpe commented  · 

Being deaf I rely on sub titles bbc fine stupied of me but not for one second did I think they would not be available on itv hub. So catch up pointless for me .

• Anonymous commented  · 

I watch TV with subtitles on iPad connected to TV via HDMI Lightning cable and Apple adaptor.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Time a petition to the government was started on this to get the main players to pull their finger out. If BBC can get subtitles on iPlayer on Android AND Chromecast then why can't the others?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is surely against the Disability Discrimination Act not to be able to access subtitles on TV programmes on the ITV Hub. PLEASE address this issue!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Absolute cack......system interrupted numerous occasions.....then out of sync.....and NO it's not MY connection or provider......does not happen on BBC....Channel 4.....or firestick.

• Anonymous commented  · 

On top of this, you won't allow ITV Hub to be watched on tablets or phones in DESKTOP mode!! Bad enough you prevent deaf people from watching the programmes by not putting subtitles in the Android apps but we can't even watch them in Desktop mode on tablets. Only get 2 options, Go to App....or Download App! Great joke!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Put subtitles in the app you chump

• Elizabeth Macpherson commented  · 

Subtitles...? I wear a hearing aid, but I still can't hear some programmes. I cannot understand/ hear anything on Little Boy Blue.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What I find offensive is subtitles are available on the app for apple bu nott on the android app. So, if you are a well-off HOH person who can afford apple's pricey products, you get to see them but if your budget only runs to Android products, you don't. That is the very worst type of discrimination.

• Diane Friend commented  · 

I have just bought a firestick for my father who is 86 and deaf. He loves his tv programmes but is extremely deaf and cannot watch without subtitles. Having read info about ITV Hub stating about how inclusive they wish to be and making enquiries at the store as well as having checked on my iPad version I was assured that he would be able to access subtitles. Having set it up last night I am very upset that this is not so. I feel this is disability discrimination and should be challenged. Another upset customer and disappointed Dad.

• Jackie commented  · 

Bought new Humax freeplay box and could not understand why I could not access subtitles on ITV hub. After calls to Humax and then referral to ITV found it is not supported when I used to access this through my laptop which does allow subtitles. Very disappointed ITV told me it was due to cost constraints. Having severe hearing loss make you feel like a dinosaur

• Anonymous commented  · 

When are you going to make subtitles available ? Ridiculous in this technological age that the deaf and hard of hearing have to miss out in this way.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Why can't I get subtitles on itv hub on tv ? I can get them BBC iPlayer, As I am hard of hearing so find it very difficult to understand what they are saying.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Absolutely disgusting I cannot watch any TV without subtitles and then completely miss out if I forget to tape one episode of something. I am hard of hearing and feel very discriminated against. How long has ITV been going for? You need to answer to the people why we are so annoyed there are no subtitles. Sort it out!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base